Walking through the doors of a place of worship for the first time on a Sunday morning can feel risky and a bit nerve-wracking. We get that. It can be especially so if organized religion has not been a part of your past experience or cultural background. At Missio Dei Church, we work hard to keep things approachable and friendly, but also reverent and worshipful. In terms of dress and attire, everything is very casual. In terms of the worship experience, our weekly gatherings include prayers, readings, corporate singing, a sermon, and we take communion together every week.
**Information Regarding Covid-19**
Since the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic in March of 2020, The MDC Leadership Team has sought to follow the CDC guidelines as requested by the state. Since the updated national CDC guidance in early 2022, mask recommendations have ebbed and flowed based on the current level of transmission in Cumberland County. Anyone who is interested in monitoring the current transmission level can do so at the national CDC website.
The items listed below are our current (as of Fall 2022) expectations for those in attendance at an indoor worship gathering:
Masks and Distancing
- We are not requiring masks/face-coverings or physical distancing for anyone attending our public gatherings.
- Please note that individuals may (and some do) choose to wear masks in our gatherings, and are welcome to do so per their own comfort level. We hope to be a welcoming environment for anyone, masked or not.
- We will broadcast every worship gathering over YouTube for those who choose to watch from home or while traveling.
- Items like masks, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant wipes are available upon request for those who would like to use them.
- We are offering a single KidsQuest class during our Sunday gathering for kids ages K-5.
- We also have a staffed "Toddler Room/Nursery" with toys and activities that parents may take any young children (below school-age) to during the gathering.
- See our KidsQuest page for more information.
- We will continue to celebrate/practice communion at every gathering. The elements will be pre-packaged and distributed by members of the leadership team.
- In general, if you are sick or think you might be getting sick, or have been in recent close contact with someone who has had symptoms of Covid, please stay home. If you have an underlying medical condition or are in a high-risk group, we ask you to use caution and seriously consider whether it is wise for you to attend.
- Here is the CDC’s list of higher risk populations: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/specific-groups/index.html
If you have any questions about Missio Dei Church, please feel free to email us. We are working hard to welcome those with special needs, especially children with special needs.
We look forward to worshiping with you!