Walking through the doors of a place of worship on a Sunday morning can be overwhelming. We get that. It can be especially overwhelming if organized religion has not been a part of your past experience or cultural background. At Missio Dei Church, we work hard to keep things casual and in line with our everyday life experience. You will find normal people dressed in normal clothes doing some pretty normal things.
**MDC Covid-19 Mitigation Practices for Indoor Worship**
Since the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic in March of 2020, The MDC Leadership Team has sought to follow the CDC guidelines as requested by the state. The items listed below are our current expectations for those in attendance at an indoor worship gathering:
Masks and Distancing
- Per the latest recommendation from the CDC and Governor's office, masks/face coverings are recommended for our public gatherings.
- (Note that per the executive order released on May 19th, 2021, we are not requiring masks/face-coverings or physical distancing for anyone attending our public gatherings).
- (Note that per both the executive order released on May 19th, 2021, as well as the exception for "houses of worship" in the Face Covering Mandate instituted on January 5th, 2022, we are not requiring masks/face-
coverings or physical distancing for anyone attending our public gatherings).
- We will broadcast every worship gathering over YouTube for those who will be watching from home.
- We will continue to provide masks, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant wipes for those who would like to use them.
- We are offering a single KidsQuest class during our Sunday gathering for kids ages K-5.
- We also have a staffed "Toddler Room/Nursery" with toys and activities that parents may take any young children to during the gathering. The worship service will be streamed into the room.
- See our KidsQuest page for more information.
- We will continue to celebrate/practice communion at every gathering. The elements will be pre-packaged and distributed by members of the leadership team.
- In general, if you are sick or think you might be getting sick, or have been in recent close contact with someone who has had symptoms of Covid, please stay home. If you have an underlying medical condition or are in a high-risk group, we ask you to use caution and seriously consider whether it is wise for you to attend.
- Here is the CDC’s list of higher risk populations: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/specific-groups/index.html
As we gather for a time of worship at 10:00 AM, you will find a simple service format with a time of worship around both new and old songs played live, sometimes with a full band and often with a stripped down acoustic feel followed by some teaching from the Bible that points us to the life and love of Jesus. Following the teaching, we celebrate the Lord’s Table, often called communion, every Sunday. It is a time to reflect and be thankful for Grace!
If you have any questions about Missio Dei Church, please feel free to email us. We are working hard to welcome those with special needs, especially children with special needs.
We look forward to worshiping with you!
Location, Directions, for Sunday Service
More information can be found here: Details